1. Ask your general practitioner for a referral letter*; if you don’t have a general practitioner yet, contact one, preferably in your neighbourhood or at the International Health Centre The Hague.
*criteria for a valid referral letter Criteria referral letter GP
2. Referral letters from General Practitioners or medical specialists can preferably be sent through ‘Zorgdomein’ to iMindU or by fax 088-2919678.
3. Check your (international or Dutch) insurance policy for coverage issues and make sure you know exactly what you can expect regarding reimbursement.
4. If you have a Dutch insurance policy, there is no coverage for children up to 18 years of age, you have to pay yourself unless we happen to have a contract with the municipality you’re residing in and enough budget left to treat your child this year. In case treatment on a budget from your municipality is possible (we’ll decide whether that’s the case upfront) you need a referral from your local neighbourhood team/JGT/CJG.
5. Determine whether you would like to pay yourself, have coverage on your (foreign) insurance policy or get partial coverage through a Personal Budget (‘Persoons Gebonden Budget’) or ‘Zorg in Natura’ for which you have to ask the local community services for their procedure. Please be aware procedures can take up to 3-6 months and until approval for (partial) reimbursement, you have to pay costs for iMindU yourself.
1. Call us yourself , send us an e-mail, and have the General Practitioner call us in case of doubt or questions and refer through ‘Zorgdomein’
2. Phone intake by (child and adolescent)psychiatrist to determine whether the indication for the iMindU practice was correct and meets expectations and requirements.
3. You receive a secured e-mail from us by Zivver with the registration and admission package that needs to be filled out as complete as possible, signed and returned to us by the patient, and if a minor, his/her parents/legal representatives.
4. A first appointment at iMindU can ONLY be planned after we have received an adequate GP referral letter, the completed and signed registration and permission forms, treatment agreement, general and billing conditions and in case you admit a child, the filled out developmental history AND after we have received payment of the requested deposit in case of self-payment of uncontracted care. This deposit will be returned to you after treatment when all invoices have been paid by you to iMindU.
5. If there are no omissions regarding the requirements for registration the secretary will send you an invitation to our patient portal and for an intake. We aim to see you within 1-2 weeks from completed registration outside holiday seasons.
privacy statement Privacystatement-iMindU English
compliments and complaints procedure Compliments-and-complaints-procedure
compliments and complaints form Compliments and complaints form
Klachtenportaal Zorg – youth 2022-Klachtenreglement-Jeugdwet-KPZ-