Prescription or statement needed?

Requests for a prescription

Allow 24-48 hours during the work week. No prescription during the weekend.

Also, pharmacies may need at least 24 hours’ notice to have your medication available.

For repeat medication prescriptions, a medication or Schengen statement, requests must be received by phone or e-mail before noon (12 o’clock midday) in order to allow for the prescription or statement to be processed in time if you need it that day.

For requests that are late or at the last minute we cannot guarantee immediate prescription or processing of the statement.

Therefore, better make sure you have enough medication till your next appointment or request a statement in due time.

Requests for a diagnosis statement

Allow 1-2 weeks for a diagnosis statement. We’ll write you a letter since it is not allowed by the KNMG to produce diagnosis statements as often requested by schools. You can decide yourself whether to show it to school or another third party or to give a copy, whatever best serves your interest and privacy. 

Requests for a medication or Schengen statement

Please request a medication or a Schengen statement at least 2-4 weeks before you go on holiday,

because CAK takes about two weeks to process the statement.

It depends on the length of your travel and your destination which statement you need about your medication use. First you decide whether the country of your destination is part of the Schengen declaration. Then you decide for which length of stay you need a statement.

Travel within the Schengen area

Which countries belong to the Schengen area? Bekijk welke landen binnen het Schengengebied vallen.

The page also mentions a list of countries that accept the Schengen statement as a medication statement. Other countries require an English medication statement from your doctor. This requires an Apostille stamp from a court near you in addition to a stamp and signature from your doctor, see

Follow the instructions on the website of CAK:, specifically or those for a medication statement in English.

Send in the filled out Schengenverklaring with a signature and logo stamp from iMindU (ask us).

This can be done digitally on the CAK website or per mail to:

Postbus 84015
2508 AA Den Haag

CAK processes the Schengen statement in two weeks usually and sends it back to you with the right stamps.

Take it with you on your travels or holiday abroad. It is only valid for that particular period of time.

If you need a Schengen statement within two weeks of travelling you have to go to the office of CAK in The Hague.

If you need a Schengen statement within two days of travelling you have to send in the filled out Schengenverklaring digitally through the CAK website, then call ph. 0800-2108 between 8.30 a.m. and 5 p.m. and mention the ‘kenmerk‘, a code, that appeared on your screen when sending in the Schengen statement digitally.